Château Minuty

A family Affair

For over 80 years on the Saint-Tropez peninsula, Château Minuty has been the story of the Matton-Farnet family.

The Château, family property dating back to the 19th century

1930 - The early years

Gabriel Farnet's acquisition of Château Minuty

Already the owner of the Domaine de Châteauneuf in Vidauban, Gabriel Farnet acquired Château Minuty in 1936. The Estate and its small chapel were originally built under Napolean III, the latter lending its name “De l’Oratoire” to the wine that was for years the Estate’s flagship product.

Many of the most prestigious hotels on the Côte d’Azur still stock this curved bottle.

Gabriel Farnet began by completely replanting the Estate, bringing Château Minuty back to its former glory and splendor after the Second World War.

 

In 1955 Château Minuty was one of 23 estates to be certified as a “Cru Classé” or “vintage class” of Côtes de Provence wines.

1960 - Minuty's continued rise on the Côte d’Azur

Monique and Etienne Matton restructure Château Minuty

Monique Farnet, Gabriel’s daughter, and her husband Etienne Matton, who was President of the Cru Classé board for many years, replanted traditional and local grape varietals like Tibouren, Rolle and Grenache, keeping yields low in their quest for producing wines of the highest quality. Thanks to the painstaking work carried out in the vineyards, they assured Château Minuty’s reputation and presence in the finest restaurants on the French Riviera.

1990 - The modern era

Minuty's influence under Jean-Etienne and François Matton

Today Jean-Etienne and François Matton have taken over Minuty, pushing the estate even further forward. They have left their mark by continuing to restructure the vineyard, replacing the Carignan and Ungi Blanc varietals with Grenache and Rolle and by streamlining the winery equipment to create a modern, state of the art facility.

 

Under their leadership, the reputation of Minuty’s wines has expanded greatly throughout France and around the world with a presence in over 75 countries.

In 2012, major renovations were undertaken in order to improve the Estate’s visitor experience. Surrounding themselves with renowned architects and interior designers, upgrades were made to the tasting cellar and a second barrel-housing cellar as well as a meeting room and a tasting room for professionals were built.